Monday, April 6, 2015

More missing spaces

This week my mapping involvement has been heavily focused on logistics and research, and a little bit of confusion.  I have begun researching my missing places assigned last week, Liam Flynn's Ale House.  I haven't gotten very far, instead I've spent lots of time looking at the schedule and other missing places to add to the list, especially the Korean restaurants Aletheia told us about last class.

I really enjoyed hearing Aletheia's talk last week and learning about the Korean community in Station North.  I am going to try and visit her Pop Up Korea Town because I think that it is an amazing way to showcase an aspect of the Station North community and I would love to learn more about it.  I think that kind of community involvement is really inspiring and I would love to learn more about projects like that.

My worries with the project right now is that our piece, the historical part, won't really match up with what the voices group is doing.  I feel like we are going to have a very detailed map of places to go and visit in Station North and then the voices project will just kind of fit in--not really be cohesive.  However, that could completely change after we meet tomorrow.  I'm excited to see what they have decided to focus on and if we can incorporate their focus into the places we highlight.  While we are focusing on community as a space, I think they have a cool opportunity to focus on community as an abstract idea as well as a space, so I hope they do that!

Our project is slowly coming together, I really like doing logistical stuff and making sure the schedule is working out, I hope everyone is on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment